Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The Witches Book of Shadows

Merry Meet!

When I first got my computer, I learned rather quickly that I loved to do graphic pages with it, using pictures and different types of font but I always drew the line when it came to my Book of Shadows because witchcraft is so much about being traditional. But now, in my old age, I have begun transcribing my BOS into my computer and I love the way it is coming together.

After many years of collecting JPEGS and clip art, I have begun to create my BOS as I always wanted it to look. I have Learned how to bind books and how to make covers for them and I have discovered a penchant for the unusual and the bizarre.

While I still advocate the writing of your first BOS by hand, so that you get a feel for writing the rituals you will do and the spells you feel the most intimate with, I encourage those of us who have the technology and the wherwithal to transcribe your BOS into the computer and have fun with the images you have in your print shops or photoshop or collected JPEGs. Buy beautiful paper to print it on and learn to do your own bindings. And by all means, have fun and create the beautiful BOS you always wished you had.

Brightest Blessings Be
Aslinn

No comments: