Friday, January 11, 2008

A Book Recommendation for the Christian Witch

Merry Meet!

So often we Christian witches are confronted in our studies by Craft books that are Wiccan/Pagan centric and are even quite intolerant of witches of other traditions and practices. And really, I do understand how they feel and I hope in the future we can bridge that gap. I have found a wonderful book called Power Spellcraft For Life and it is written by Arin Murphy Hiscock and it is published by Provenance Press and it goes for $10.95. Much of it is for the beginner, but if you are a Christian Witch or a Christian Wiccan or Christo-Pagan and you have felt self conscious about writing spells, adapting spells to suit your religious beliefs, or if you are beginning the path, this book is for you.

Arin is a High Priestess with the Black Forrest clan and she understands and embraces the notion there are witches from non- Wiccan, non-Pagan backgrounds who need guidance and help understanding the element of spell working, casting and writing. As I read her book, I made note of my approach to Spelling and how it compares to what she advocates and it appears that I am dead on and I have intuitively drawn upon my own sense of witchcraft.

So, if you are out there struggling and you need a little guidance, even if you have been practicing for years or just beginning your oddessy into the Craft, this book is for you.

Until next time,
Brightest Blessings Be
Aslinn Dhan Dragonhawk

No comments: