Friday, March 14, 2008

When things seem to go wrong...what is a Christian Witch to do?

Merry Meet,

Sometimes, despite everything we try to do, troubles come our way, no matter what. We are never promised the easy road, whether we are Christians or Christian Witches or Wiccans and Pagans, sometimes things just seem to burden us and trouble us.

We can do one of two things. We can become dispaired, and we all feel this way one time or another, or we can learn from it and try to understand what we are supposed to do now in our life. Sometimes, bad times are sent to us to try and help us see another path we should follow, look for different options, seek better or new opportunities.

I am a teacher. I am a substitute teacher to be exact. There are special challenges to be met in that sort of job. I don't know what is happening to young people today. Our young people are mean hearted and cruel to eachother and the adults in their lives. Sad but true. When I was in a long term sub position, I had troubles, and failings, none of us are perfect, but there are also times that I was a success and those were the best times and they were the most frequent times. But now that I am back in per diem work, I find that those moments of victory are far and few in between and i have made the decision to find other work.

Maybe some of my troubles are my own fault. I think maybe they are. But much of my troubles also stem from the fact that so many of my colleagues are indifferent to others and care only for their own securities and dislike any dissenters. At any rate, after so many years of pass and fail and worries and stress, I have decided to leave the situation as soon as I find more permanent work, outside of the educational system.

But what do we do when we are faced with life changing situations? Should we race to magik and try to heal ourselves with spells and incantations? Should we mix up potions and bless our homes and selves. Should we consider revenge spells?

I know you will be tempted to do all of these things but I suggest that you take some time and pray first. Ask for guidance and comfort and even forgiveness. Forgiveness for yourself, forgiveness for others and forgiveness to others. Prayer is the most ancient form of spelling and that is what you should do first.

Then you might want cleanse yourself and your personal space and cast charms that calm and ease you. Be proactive and turn back negativity with a protective shield. Call upon your sacred spirit and find peace from them.

I wish to thank my sister and my boyfriend Gaelyn and my parents for standing by me and for showing me support and compassion. I would also like to thank my Craft friends, my brother and sister witches who have shone their support.

Brightest Blessings Be
Aslinn

No comments: