Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Other Faiths and Christianity: Is there one true way?

Merry Meet

I know, I know, there are those who will say that to believe this way is counter Christian. I know that there will be those who will even decry me as even “unsaved” but this is an important issue and I think it needs to be said so that anyone who is reading my blog will understand.

Often one of the things that is held up to me as insurmountable in my religion and the Craft is the belief in sin and hell and the notion of salvation through Jesus Christ. Yes, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Messiah and the Son of God, who was born of the Virgin Mary and was crucified for his beliefs and teachings and his miracles and that in three days he rose from the dead and went into heaven with his father and to help us on earth, he sent down the Holy Spirit who comforts and helps us and empowers us to carry on Jesus’ work.

But, what of non-Christians? What of Buddhists, Hindi, Muslim and Jews? What of Pagans and Wiccans? What of people who believe in nothing? What happens to them?

I believe that the afterlife is everything each and every one of us thinks that it is. If you believe in Heaven like Christians do, you will go there if you have done all you can do to live by the laws of Christianity. If you believe in Nirvana you will go there. If you believe in the Summerland you will go there. If you believe that your soul is reincarnated, that is what will happen to you. If you believe that you simply disappear, you will simply disappear.

Do I believe that non-Christians will go to a Christian hell? No, I don’t. Do I believe in the punishment of sin? Absolutely. Sin is a concept in every faith system even if it is called taboo or karma or self-centeredness. It is behaving in contrary of your particular faith beliefs. What about those who do not have a faith system? They have ethics, and unethical practices are criticized and punished by prison or social exclusion. There are lands of the dead and Hades and hells and sheols for every principle faith system in the world. It is simply an exclusion from the love and compassion of their sacred spirit.

So what do I do when I am questioned about this peculiarity in my Christian belief. I tell them Jesus said judge not lest ye be judged.

Brightest Blessings Be
Aslinn Dhan Dragonhawk

No comments: