Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Familiars


Merry Meet!

There was a lot of talk during the burning times about the witches' familiar. There are a lot of witches who develop magikal relationships with animals in their life. I haven't had the honor of an animal who join me for rituals on a regular basis, but I do have a cat that sometimes joins me as a part time familiar when I do spell work.

Ishee is a black calico cat. He has wonderful yellow eyes and a sweet mouth and soft paws and he always knows when I am spelling rather than sabbating. He loves nothing better to see me light candles at my altar, bring out my simmer cauldron, mix herbs or write down the intention of a spell or to make a charm or amulet. But is he a true familiar? No, not really. He is just a part timer who joins me occaisionally. For that, I must wait. And I will know my familiar when he comes

Brightest Blessings Be
Aslinn Dhan Dragonhawk

No comments: