Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas and Yule


Merry Meet!


It's that wonderful time of the year again, the winter season and holiday season. My Wiccan and Pagan friends are celebrating Yule, reinacting the death and resurrection of their god and the ritual joining of god and goddess. As a Christian Wicce, I too celebrate Yule. During my Yule celebration, I remember the the three Magi, the wonderful astronomers and astrologers who sought the baby Jesus. I include astrologer because they not only navigated by the star, but they knew the quality of the person who was born under that star. I also take time to thank God for the wonderful teachers that I have had, either people I have met, or people who have taught me through their writings. I have a Yule log and I light candles and play holiday music and I burn my regrets and my hopes and dreams and wishes. I usually treat myself with some new magical tool or even a new Book of Shadows or a new book to read. It is also the time I give thanks for the opportunity to work and to be generous and show love and compassion to my fellow man.


So, on this wonderous Yule, thank your own Sacred Spirit for what ever blessings they have bestowed on you and give love and compassion now and the whole year through.


Brightest Blessings Be


Aslinn Dhan Dragonhawk

No comments: