Monday, October 24, 2005

So, who am I and what do I mean by Christian Witch?


I imagine there are a lot of people who wonder what I mean by being a Christian Witch. It is simple. I am a Christian who practices witchcraft as a spiritual discipline. There are fine lines I draw between witchcraft as a religious practice and witchcraft as a discipline. I am a Christian, I go to church, I pray to God only and I identify myself as a Christian. There are many Christian Witches who identify themselves as Sophia Christians or Goddess Christians and I am not one of those. I don't have a problem with what they believe, I simply don't share their belief.

I can hear you now: Doesn't the Bible prohibit you from practicing witchcraft? The Bible prohibits me from practicing witchcraft if I depend on necromancy and child sacrifice. I do not practice necromancy nor do I practice child sacrifice. I integrate a true appreciation for nature and the natural and supernatural forces in the world today. I use dream interpretation, tarot card readings and runes to understand the future and I use castings and spells to heal, encourage, protect and purify myself and those who come to me for guidance. I am also a student of the esoteric and spend a lot of time studying my craft and how it works within God's will in my life.

Can anyone be a witch? Sure, as long as you are willing to dedicate yourself to study and research and most of all understand that what you do comes back to you x3. You should be willing to assume the responsibilities of your craft and take on the Witches Rede: Do what thou will and harm none.

Will I be able to fly and hex people? Is what I am doing like Harry Potter or The Craft? No, and we do not have a quiddich team and we are not a bunch of girls dressed as Catholic School girls. We are men and women who learn to be in tune with nature and the supernatural and call upon the forces of healing herbs and the phases of the moon and understand the good that comes from meditation and a belief that all things are possible.

Do you worship Satan? No, abosolutely not. Even most satanists do not believe in the personage of satan. In fact, as Christian Witch, I feel that it is my duty to use all my powers and abilities to fight evil.

Should young people become witches? I would say that young people can become witches and be devoted to the discipline required by the Craft, just as many young people join religious groups and become devoted followers of a religious discipline. I do advise young people that they explore what they think witchcraft is and what they think they will get out of it. And if they think witchcraft will give them license to do anything they want without consequences, they are wrong. Even if you lean more towards Wicca or Paganism, you will still be confronted with strict rules and taboos and feasts and fasts. You can't do any brand of the Craft without some form of structure, so be ready to give up ceratin personal freedoms to practice the Craft. This means sex, drugs and alcohol. I am even giving up tobacco for the Craft so that my mind and body is as clean as I can make it.

Being a witch is an important step. It is something you don't do at the spur of the moment. If you are thinking of being a part of a coven or being a solitary witch, spend at least a year reading and writing and learning, then dedicate yourself to a first year of apprenticeship and practice to see if the Craft is for you. And remember, not all witches are Wiccan and not all Wiccan are witches.

No comments: